Take Your Career to the Next Level
As an Acumen employee, you will receive the training you need to enhance your skillsets and excel in your work. Tenets of Acumen’s Workforce Development Program include:
- Recruit and train a new generation of workers to be deployed in roles that support systems engineering, program/project management and project controls.
- Invite graduates of local science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) programs to learn about employment opportunities at Acumen.
- Coordinate with local universities to reach computer science, civil, electrical and mechanical engineering students.
- Support and expand internships with local transit agencies.
- Meet with employees to customize a career-development plan with specific goals.
- Partner with skill- and career-development initiatives that target and benefit minority and women candidates such as My Brother’s Keeper Alliance, East Oakland Youth Development Center (EOYDC) and Cypress Mandela Training Center.
Contact Director of Workforce Development Gian Fiero to learn more about our Workforce Development Program that emphasizes diversity, STEAM education, women in engineering/transportation and community enrichment.