American Council of Engineering Companies East Bay Chapter Holiday Event
Acumen sponsored and participated in the American Council of Engineering Companies East Bay Chapter holiday party on December 8, 2022 in Pleasant Hill.
California Transportation Foundation NorCal Golf Tournament
Acumen sponsored and participated in the California Transportation Foundation NorCal Golf Tournament on December 2, 2022 at Napa’s Silverado Resort.
COMTO SoCal 2023 National Meeting and Training Conference Kick-Off Celebration
Acumen sponsored and participated in this COMTO SoCal event at Union Station in Los Angeles on Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
COMTO NorCal 19th Annual Scholarship & Industry Awards Gala
Acumen was recognized as a sponsor and participated in the COMTO NorCal 19th Annual Scholarship and Industry Awards Gala on December 2, 2022.
Acumen Appreciation Luncheon: Baby, Take a Bow!
Acumen celebrated executives and staff alike with an Employee Appreciation Luncheon at Skates On The Bay on Friday, November 18, 2022.
The Future Of Transportation
Acumen attended The Wall Street Journal’s The Future Of Transportation event. Topics included automation, electrification and the rise of smart energy sources, which are super-charging the evolution of the transport sector.
AwardsAcumen is proud to be the recipient of the following awards and accolades:
ACUMEN SPONSORS LA SUSTAINABILITY COALITION’S 2019 TRANSPORTATION ON-THE-MOVE SERIESAcumen was a proud sponsor of the June 2019 Los Angeles Sustainability Coalition forum for public leaders and private enterprise to exchange ideas and leverage their resources in pursuit of the best, most sustainable future for the LA region’s transportation industry.
WALTER ALLEN RECEIVES ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD FROM COMTOThe Northern California chapter of the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) presented Acumen President & CEO Walter Allen with the Advocate of the Year Award at the organization’s Twelfth Annual Scholarship and Industry Awards Dinner in December 2015. Read more about Acumen and COMTO’s shared commitment to supporting minority professionals in transportation, including the City Internship Program, here.
JACOBS HONORS ACUMEN WITH DIVERSE BUSINESS ENTERPRISE AWARDAcumen President & CEO Walter Allen received the Diverse Business Enterprise: Delivering Business Excellence Award from Jacobs Engineering, Inc. at its September 2015 DBE Networking Event. Jacobs bestows the award as a sign of its commitment to not only promote diversity within its ranks, but to support organizations with similar goals. Acumen has provided infrastructure management services to Jacobs on numerous major transportation projects over several years. Current and past work has included site inspection services for Amtrak’s maintenance facility in Los Angeles as well as construction management for the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District’s (BART) Oakland Airport Connector, Warm Springs Extension, and System Wide Seismic Upgrade projects. As part of a Jacobs-led team, Acumen has provided cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, and other construction management services throughout the BART system. Acumen is currently providing project controls support including scheduling and claims services to Jacobs as part of Caltrain’s Positive Train Control Project.
ACUMEN’S INDUSTRY AWARDS
- August 2012 – Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, #2301
- October 2011 – Zweig Letter Hot Firm List, #117
- August 2011 – Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, #3750; ranked one of the Top Engineering Companies on the Inc. 5000
- August 2010 – Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, #2480
- June 2007 – BART AFC Modernization Program, 2001 to 2007, In appreciation of Superior Service and Teaming Success (with Booz/Allen/Hamilton)
- November 2006 – BART Can We Help? Award to Walter Allen, Can Do Attitude BART Only Smart Card Project
- November 2006 – BART Certificate of Appreciation for Walter Allen, Outstanding Contribution on the BART Only Smart Card Project
- June 2002 – The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce Award to Walter Allen, In appreciation for your commitment to the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce as Chairman of the Planning and Construction Committee
- August 2001 – BART Certificate of Appreciation for Walter Allen, Outstanding Achievement in Open-Mindedness, Out of the Box Thinking in New Contracting Ventures
- July 2001 – U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Acumen Building Enterprise Elected a Member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce